The Rise of the Dragonguard

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rise of the Dragonguard

Post  Arnier the fallen on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:23 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Lucius

He then turned to address Eradrann. "Gold will suffice, but anything you are willing to pay will do."

Eradrann

"Very well Lucius, for helping in this matter i can pay you all the gold i have on my person."
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Lucius

He then turned to address Eradrann. "Gold will suffice, but anything you are willing to pay will do."

Eradrann

"Very well Lucius, for helping in this matter i can pay you all the gold i have on my person."
Lucius

Recieving a heavy bag of gold, he left them satisfied and headed to Dragons Bridge. Near Ivarstead he found and rode a Horse.

Finally, I can be free of the constant arguments with Vulgruff. I almost miss the feel of being in a 'team'. I'm beginning to miss the time I spent in the Oculatus with Drelayn... With those thoughts he headed to Dragons Bridge.

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:40 pm

As Vulgruff saw Lucius turn and start heading down the mountain he thought, Now would be the perfect time to kill him, His back turned my terrain... Vulgruff raised his sword arm and clutched the hilt of the Akaviri Katana that was still slung on his back. Then, he let it go. He let everything go. At last he realized there is no point in trying to claim revenge on the Empire. Now he sought answers, not revenge. I'll probably regret that though. He thought as he turned to Eradrann.

"Let's proceed" he said, with a smile. His plague of revenge had been lifted, but for how long?
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

http://www.Facebook.com/HumbleUlfric

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Drelayn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drelayn's journey was very quiet, and he experienced no trouble. The day was getting on, and the carriage was nearing Dragon Bridge. Drelayn had some time to spare before he had to reach the Warehouse, and dearly wanted to see his old friend. 'Stop in Dragon Bridge, please, I do not wish to travel all the way to Solitude today. I would rather rest in Dragon Bridge before pressing on.' Drelayn said to the carriage operated, who agreed. Drelayn decided to go to the Penitus Oculatus Outpost first, to see Lucius, and saw a friendly face he recognised from his past. 'Where can I find Lucius, Salvarus?' asked Drelayn. To Drelayn's disappointment, Salvurus told Drelayn that Lucius had left some time ago, but would not tell me any more. Drelayn did not ask further. The Penitus Oculatus were the Emperor's eyes and ears, and held top secret information that could not be given out to anyone. They would not reveal the whereabouts of one of their operatives on a mission, even to an old friend, and so, with a sigh, he left for the Four Shields Tavern, hoping to get something to eat. He had not eaten a proper meal since Markarth.
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:Drelayn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drelayn's journey was very quiet, and he experienced no trouble. The day was getting on, and the carriage was nearing Dragon Bridge. Drelayn had some time to spare before he had to reach the Warehouse, and dearly wanted to see his old friend. 'Stop in Dragon Bridge, please, I do not wish to travel all the way to Solitude today. I would rather rest in Dragon Bridge before pressing on.' Drelayn said to the carriage operated, who agreed. Drelayn decided to go to the Penitus Oculatus Outpost first, to see Lucius, and saw a friendly face he recognised from his past. 'Where can I find Lucius, Salvarus?' asked Drelayn. To Drelayn's disappointment, Salvurus told Drelayn that Lucius had left some time ago, but would not tell me any more. Drelayn did not ask further. The Penitus Oculatus were the Emperor's eyes and ears, and held top secret information that could not be given out to anyone. They would not reveal the whereabouts of one of their operatives on a mission, even to an old friend, and so, with a sigh, he left for the Four Shields Tavern, hoping to get something to eat. He had not eaten a proper meal since Markarth.
Lucius

Arriving in Dragons Bridge earlier than expected he headed to the Tavern for a drink. While there he saw an old friend. Drelayn. Ordering some wine he sat next to Drelayn.

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Lucius

Arriving in Dragons Bridge earlier than expected he headed to the Tavern for a drink. While there he saw an old friend. Drelayn. Ordering some wine he sat next to Drelayn.

Drelayn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucius!? Is that really you? You haven't aged a bit, you look the same as you did when we met last time, many years ago. Salvarus told me you had left on a mission, but would not tell me where you you had gone, or why.
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:
Lucius

Drelayn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucius!? Is that really you? You haven't aged a bit, you look the same as you did when we met last time, many years ago. Salvarus told me you had left on a mission, but would not tell me where you you had gone, or why.
Luciud

"Drelayn, it's good to see you too. My quest was not one for the Legion or the Penitus Oculatus, it was to help a Bosmer find his brother. I travelled with some Rebels, honor being the only thing preventing me from killing them. You have barely changed from when we last met, our time in the Mortalitus Oculatus. Those days were great."

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Lucius

"Drelayn, it's good to see you too. My quest was not one for the Legion or the Penitus Oculatus, it was to help a Bosmer find his brother. I travelled with some Rebels, honor being the only thing preventing me from killing them. You have barely changed from when we last met, our time in the Mortalitus Oculatus. Those days were great."

I miss those days, my life has been quiet since. I still work as a bodyguard for the East Empire Company, but the Legion have done a job good job of keeping the roads clear of trouble, and so I encounter little on the roads. I'm sure your life has been much more interesting since, being part of the Penitus Oculatus. So, what happened with this Bosmer, did you find his brother?
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:
Lucius

I miss those days, my life has been quiet since. I still work as a bodyguard for the East Empire Company, but the Legion have done a job good job of keeping the roads clear of trouble, and so I encounter little on the roads. I'm sure your life has been much more interesting since, being part of the Penitus Oculatus. So, what happened with this Bosmer, did you find his brother?
"Yes, they're heading to meet the Greybeards with the rest of the party. It was unlike what I was accustomed to. Assassinations and warfare. How has life treated you?

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Drelayn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, they're heading to meet the Greybeards with the rest of the party. It was unlike what I was accustomed to. Assassinations and warfare. How has life treated you?

Well enough, I have an easy, stable job, and it pays well too, but I am not happy. I yearn for the days of the Mortalitus Oculatus, those were some of the best of my life. Have you ever thought of trying it again, Lucius? No, I shouldn't delude myself, the organisation is long gone. I'm sure the old members have probably moved on, and would not like to back to our vigilante ways. Few would dare to risk a secret war against the Empire's enemies again. But I cannot give up, I need allies if I am to return to Morrowind. What do you think, Lucius? You don't seem quite content, either.
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:Drelayn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well enough, I have an easy, stable job, and it pays well too, but I am not happy. I yearn for the days of the Mortalitus Oculatus, those were some of the best of my life. Have you ever thought of trying it again, Lucius? No, I shouldn't delude myself, the organisation is long gone. I'm sure the old members have probably moved on, and would not like to back to our vigilante ways. Few would dare to risk a secret war against the Empire's enemies again. But I cannot give up, I need allies if I am to return to Morrowind. What do you think, Lucius?

"I- I was having those thoughts a few moments ago. You are right about the others though, they would rather not join I'm guessing. We may have to recruit ourselves- if you are serious about this, that is."

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:01 pm

"I- I was having those thoughts a few moments ago. You are right about the others though, they would rather not join I'm guessing. We may have to recruit ourselves- if you are serious about this, that is."

Drelayn

Only if we are of one mind. I am serious, my life has been dedicated to this, I have been raised for this. I need allies, Lucius, if my ambitions are to be fulfilled. I think you might just be right, the old members might have moved on, but the Empire is full of citizens who wish to fight back. The question is, where do we start? The old Stormcloak holds would be filled with those who would like to fight, especially against the Thalmor, but would they agree to fighting with the Empire? And the Empire faces many more enemies than the Second Aldmeri Dominion, we even still have enemies amongst the dying Stormcloaks. We could try to use our contacts in House Hlaalu, they would be perfectly suited. We have strong ties to the Empire, and many who master in the arts of stealth and discretion. Where else do you think, Lucius? What of the old members of the Morag Tong? Only if you want to do this, that is.
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:

Drelayn

Only if we are of one mind. I am serious, my life has been dedicated to this, I have been raised for this. I need allies, Lucius, if my ambitions are to be fulfilled. I think you might just be right, the old members might have moved on, but the Empire is full of citizens who wish to fight back. The question is, where do we start? The old Stormcloak holds would be filled with those who would like to fight, especially against the Thalmor, but would they agree to fighting with the Empire? And the Empire faces many more enemies than the Second Aldmeri Dominion, we even still have enemies amongst the dying Stormcloaks. We could try to use our contacts in House Hlaalu, they would be perfectly suited. We have strong ties to the Empire, and many who master in the arts of stealth and discretion. Where else do you think, Lucius? What of the old members of the Morag Tong? Only if you want to do this, that is.

"Many of the Morag Tong have turned to thievery and forgotten their ways. I know a skilled assassin, a mercenary in Whiterun. Jenassa was her name, a Dunmer. She has the correct skill set yet her allegiance...
Do you remember Gaius Maro? The young Imperial? I have become good friends with him and he would be willing. Moreso a warrior but we can train him or just just use him for support. Ev'ra Dren, a member of the Temple and a noble Morag Tong assassin may also be willing to join us.

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:25 pm

"Many of the Morag Tong have turned to thievery and forgotten their ways. I know a skilled assassin, a mercenary in Whiterun. Jenassa was her name, a Dunmer. She has the correct skill set yet her allegiance...
Do you remember Gaius Maro? The young Imperial? I have become good friends with him and he would be willing. Moreso a warrior but we can train him or just just use him for support. Ev'ra Dren, a member of the Temple and a noble Morag Tong assassin may also be willing to join us.

Drelayn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You see well connected here in Skyrim my friend! I still have contacts within the East Empire Company, which is useful. I am only in Dragon Bridge because I am on my way to the East Empire Company Warehouse, and I am resting here for the night. I believe that Varus Vantinius is at the Warehouse as we speak, and while I doubt he will rejoin the Mortalitus Oculatus, he may allow me to work for the Mortalitus Oculatus, but keep my position in the East Empire Company. If I leave for too long, they will get suspicious, and I would rather keep my cover for legal purposes, and to give me an excuse for travelling. With such a high ranking official on my side, the East Empire Company would be less suspicous. He could even fabricate orders for me to travel to destinations I need to go. I will not now until I meet up with him, but I doubt he will refuse when he served the Mortalitus long ago. I cannot stay in Dragon Bridge for long, my friend, because I am expected at the Warehouse, and must leave tommorow. Where shall we meet up if Varus does help me?
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:

Drelayn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You see well connected here in Skyrim my friend! I still have contacts within the East Empire Company, which is useful. I am only in Dragon Bridge because I am on my way to the East Empire Company Warehouse, and I am resting here for the night. I believe that Varus Vantinius is at the Warehouse as we speak, and while I doubt he will rejoin the Mortalitus Oculatus, he may allow me to work for the Mortalitus Oculatus, but keep my position in the East Empire Company. If I leave for too long, they will get suspicious, and I would rather keep my cover for legal purposes, and to give me an excuse for travelling. With such a high ranking official on my side, the East Empire Company would be less suspicous. He could even fabricate orders for me to travel to destinations I need to go. I will not now until I meet up with him, but I doubt he will refuse when he served the Mortalitus long ago. I cannot stay in Dragon Bridge for long, my friend, because I am expected at the Warehouse, and must leave tommorow. Where shall we meet up if Varus does help me?
"Varus was with you? I would wish to go with you and meet him."

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Drelayn

Really? Have you told the Penitus Oculatus of your return? If not, they will assume you are still on your adventure with your Bosmer friend. Unless they have seen your entry to Dragon Bridge, they have eyes and ears everywhere. Maybe you could have a word with this 'Maro' man, if he truely would be sympathetic to our cause, before we leave. You do not want the Penitus Oculatus to be suspicious of you, and it would be easiest to do it while we are still in Dragon Bridge, if he is here.
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:

Really? Have you told the Penitus Oculatus of your return? If not, they will assume you are still on your adventure with your Bosmer friend. Unless they have seen your entry to Dragon Bridge, they have eyes and ears everywhere. Maybe you could have a word with this 'Maro' man, if he truely would be sympathetic to our cause, before we leave. You do not want the Penitus Oculatus to be suspicious of you.
"I will do socand meet with you in the morning. I have reached a high rank though, they should have no suspicions." With that Lciusnstood and firmly shook his hand while heading to the outpost.

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:49 pm

"I will do so and meet with you in the morning. I have reached a high rank though, they should have no suspicions." With that Lucius stood and firmly shook his hand while heading to the outpost.

Drelayn

After this meeting, Drelayn booked a room for the night at the inn, and entered the room he had just booked. He sat down on the bed, but did not attempt to sleep. Too many thoughts were racing through his head, and his excitement was rising. What luck it had been for him, reaching Dragon Bridge at the same time as Lucius. Maybe it was destiny, maybe the Gods were guiding their actions. This thought comforted Drelayn, who had thought Boethiah, Azura and Mephala had abandoned his family. Could it be that he was supposed to do this? Could this lead to him reclaiming his ancestral birthright?
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Arriving at the Outpost he convesred with Gaius.

Gaius: Hail, Lucius. Are you back for good now?
Lucius: I am afraid not, my quest with the Wood Elf has ended though.
Gaius: Where are you going?
Lucius: Do you remember the tales about the Mortalitus?
Gaius: The Empire's Morag Tong? Of course. My father also said you were one of them.
Lucius: That is true I would like you to join us.
Gaius: Join you- They're being reformed?
Lucius: Yes, if you wish to join, get Ev'ra Dren and arrange for him to meet us at the Penitus' Outpost.
Gaius: And you expect me to find out who he is as well? Fine.
Lucius: And give this letter to a courier
Gaius: Will do.

With this he left for his room in the outpost and went to sleep. Finally, they were reforming.

Last edited by The Rebel on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Vilemyr Inn

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Jurgen:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jurgen chatted with the innkeeper about the local goings on around town. It's been ages since he has been to Ivarstead and even then he didn't want to come- his father dragged him and his brother up the mountain years ago. Jurgen sat at the counter sipping his drink while he made small talk with the locals.
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Seta
------------------
Shrugs and walks into the inn to sit down again at the bar. Looking to the innkeeper she smiles "Mead please" .Grabbing the bottle she walks outside and to the steps up to High Hrothgar. Drinking the mead carefully she watches the steps, not caring to walk up herself but would rather wait for them to come back down the mountain. Looking around she gives a smile thinking to her self" I love this land." watching the world go by, she carefully sips the Mad looking over her shoulder for the others coming down the mountain.
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 pm

"Now there's a girl after my own heart." Jurgen mentions as she walks out the Inn.

He follows after her, after filling his own mug of course.

"Care for some company or do you prefer to drink alone?" Jurgen says with a gleam in his one good eye.
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Vulgruff

After telling Arngeir he should speak with the Bosmer, Vulgruff proceeded back down the mountain, into Ivarstead. Once reaching the bottom he saw Seta and another nord drinking. Vulgruff approached and said, "Hello Seta, and you are?" he asked the nord.
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Vulgruff wrote:Vulgruff

After telling Arngeir he should speak with the Bosmer, Vulgruff proceeded back down the mountain, into Ivarstead. Once reaching the bottom he walked into the inn where he saw Seta and another nord drinking. Vulgruff took a seat and said, "Hello Seta, and you are?" he asked the nord.

"Jurgen, of Windhelm. So, Seta's this one's name? Nice to meet'cha, if your drinking."

http://media-cache-is0.pinimg.com/736x/92/84/8b/92848b6cd6f8674168c30c87a9b08cdd.jpg
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:Vulgruff

After telling Arngeir he should speak with the Bosmer, Vulgruff proceeded back down the mountain, into Ivarstead. Once reaching the bottom he walked into the inn where he saw Seta and another nord drinking. Vulgruff took a seat and said, "Hello Seta, and you are?" he asked the nord.

"Jurgen, of Windhelm. So, Seta's this one's name? Nice to meet'cha, if your drinking."

http://media-cache-is0.pinimg.com/736x/92/84/8b/92848b6cd6f8674168c30c87a9b08cdd.jpg

Vulgruff

Vulgruff stuck out his arm and said, "Hello Jurgen, names Vulgruff. I lived in Windhelm for a few years, I don't think I ever saw you. Have you been away?"
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top