MIA as requested

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MIA as requested

Post  Sovngarde on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 am

4 days prior.
Chanting echos through Blackreach in a low hum. five small shapes stand around a massive machine. With a creak the machine awakens and releases a loud grinding noise as a change takes place, the armor blackening and the centurion appears to weep as black liquid pours out of its eyes. The four figures point to the Stormcloak expedition as the centurion marches towards the camp followed by 2 figures holding bows.

Same day
Jormier smiles at the nord women sitting next to him, cleary at ease, the occasional Falmer would attack or be seen but nothing to worry about. Jormier stops for a second as a whirring catchs his ears but quickly shakes it off and was about to go to wake Jokull for his shift when he screamed and we heard the draw of steel and the scream was cut short as he dissapered under a black hammer. Yungera leaped forward and cought the machine in its knee with her one handed hammer. But the blow seemed to be deflected and the hammer simply slid off and the thing attacked and killed her with its hammer.

The two smaller shapes fire arrows into the chests of waking guards chattering in a strange language they grab the mage by his legs and pull him away screaming as the last two soldiers flee. Only for one to be slain by the same arrow protruding from the other soldiers.

1 day ago.
Jormier stumbles and falls to the ground outside Windhelm holding a wound in his side as he moves to the gates and collapses looking to the guards he grabs the mans ta bard" Ulfric...Take me to him."

2 days ago.
Ulfric, sits calmly on his throne in the city of Windhelm listening to a report from a bandaged soldier wearing the colors of a Stormcloak. Standing Ulfric moves and sits down at the table and motions for the soldier to sit. "Tell me son, from the start."

The soldier takes a seat and takes a deep breath and nods
Me and Yungera were taking watch outside the camp within Blackreach, when suddenly Jokull cried out and we went running. A large creature had slain Jokull in cold blood. It looked like a Dwarven Centurion...but something was wrong. It had black plating and looked to be oozing a black liquid from its "eye" sockets. Anyways, Yungera rushed forward and struck it in a spot that normally cripples a centurion. But this one kept moving and let a scream out as it crushed Yungera with a single blow from its hammer.

Soon after the rest of us woke up and attacked. Valtyr ran with me as the rest of our brothers were killed except for the mage, Llojter he was dragged away by some creature screaming. We were not thinking right and we ran leaving our brother.

Ulfric nods and looks to the man "Find a team, go back in, destroy this....abomination and retrieve our brother and our brothers and sister corpses. Do I make myself clear." The soldier snaps to attention and walks out.

2 days later.
A man stands in the street "A call to action brothers and sisters! Llojter has been taken! our brothers and sisters slaughtered! by an IMPERIAL scum trickery! Contact Jormier at the barracks for information!"



Signups

Name:
Race:
Weapons:
Armor:
Reason for joining to find the man.
avatar
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 21
Location : San Francisco

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  DanielStormblade on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:45 am

Would you be encharge of this one...?
avatar
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Posts : 94
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Windhelm

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 am

See below:


Last edited by james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  Sovngarde on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 am

DanielStormblade wrote:Would you be encharge of this one...?

....yes...why?
avatar
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 21
Location : San Francisco

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:06 am

I think I'll join in as the other one is dead...

_________________
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs.
avatar
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 379
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:06 am

The Rebel wrote:I think I'll join in as the other one is dead...

Nah, not dead, we gave Vulgruff enough time to respond, on ward and upward!
avatar
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  DanielStormblade on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 am

james.steelhaven wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I think I'll join in as the other one is dead...

Nah, not dead, we gave Vulgruff enough time to respond, on ward and upward!

Agreed... He has not even let us know or asked anyone to take over for him. I say we give his characters "injuries" and in a healing ward or something.
avatar
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Posts : 94
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Windhelm

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:24 am

DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I think I'll join in as the other one is dead...

Nah, not dead, we gave Vulgruff enough time to respond, on ward and upward!

Agreed... He has not even let us know or asked anyone to take over for him. I say we give his characters "injuries" and in a healing ward or something.

We should move this to the other thread, no need to mess up THIS one.

_________________
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs.
avatar
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 379
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Because I like this sheet better, so...

NAME: Faldrus "Faldy the Skaldy" Demnevanni, Master of Antiquities at the College of Winterhold.
RACE: Male Dunmer
AGE: 265 y.o.
GROUP: College of Winterhold SEGMENT IN GUILD/GROUP: Master of Antiquities

WEAPON PREFERENCES: Elven Dagger (Soul trapping), Elven Sword (fire & 1-hand skill enchantments), various staves (most of which are school property).
MAGIC PREFERENCE: A wide selection of adept level spells from all schools, with master levels in Alteration, Enchanting, and Restoration.
OTHER GEAR: Standard College rings, robes, and hat (with enhanced magicka enhancements), winter clothing as required (enchanted to withstand the cold), minor and lesser potions of various makes, petty and minor soul gems (for recharging), grand soul gems (for enchanting).

REGION OF BIRTH: Telvanni Canton, Vivec, Vvardenfell Island, Imperial Provence of Morrowind, 65 years before the events of Red Mountain.

OCCUPATION: Professor of History & Adjunct Instructor of Transmutation and Enchanting, College of Winterhold.

PERSONALITY: A no nonsense lecturer and historian, Faldrus ('Faldy the Skaldy' to his favored students) runs his classes with a stern, but fair, hand. Outside of class, he is approachable and kindly to those who show some sort of respect and has no tolerance for bigots. Otherwise, he is known as a kindly old -ish mer with a live and let live mentality. If anyone strikes up a conversation on history or the Dwemer, however, his inner fanboy comes out and he goes on and and on and on about them to the point where they probably don't care anymore, hence the moniker 'skaldy' as in 'Skald'.
HAIR, SKIN, BODY, & EYES: Like most traditional Dunmer, Faldrus has dark hair and fierce red eyes. He keeps all the hair tied back into a pony tail for functionality, rarely fixing it up or anything. He has a small, but sturdy frame, from his time spent raiding underground caves and running from traps, pitfalls, and Dwemer constructs.

CLOTHING: As normal for a College Professor, he wears the usual College of Winterhold attire for an instructor and uses cold weather gear frequently. He also has a mixed and matched suit of Dwemer Full Plate with shield, sword and battle axe, though he seldom wears it because of the weight involved. It stands more as a curiosity pieces than a practical suit of armor. Should the need arise, however, it can be worn with a few adjustments.

LIKES: Dunmer History, all things Magic, all things Dwemer, all things history, Skyrim, Enchantments, meditating on a topic (also called reading a book), Solstheim, the Companions (because of their history), clever traps.
DISLIKES: All things Mage's Guild, racists & bigots, cocky Freshmen (and Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors too), all things Falmer, Draugr, simple traps.

AMBITIONS: To master all things Dwemer and to fully exploit them and utilize the various Dwemer techniques to improve the lot of the Dunmer common person.

HISTORY OF CHARACTER: Faldrus was born in Vivec 65 years before the Red Mountain disaster to House Telvanni. Showing magicka aptitude at an early age, he was trained in the various schools of magic by the Telvanni masters. he came under the tutelage of Baladas Demnevanni around age of 45, and spent the next 10 years learning all about the Dwemer. His interest was in exploiting the old Dwemer techniques, rather than just the academic knowledge of the Dwemer. When the Red Mountain disaster struck, Faldrus and Baladas were far to the north in Baladas tower basement researching some Dwemer contraption. The distance from the eruption saved them but they were forced to move to Solstheim to avoid the pyroclastic flows that soon followed. Faldrus and Baladas divined that Faldrus's family where killed in the incident when the Ministry of Truth destroyed Vivec and feeling sorry for his pupil, he adopted him even though Faldrus was of majority age by that time as kind gesture (a rarity in House Telvanni).

200 years have passed since that time, and Faldrus has since relocated his research to Skyrim, studying the Dwemer ruins there. Morrowind's Dwemer ruins have since become impassible due to them being damaged or destroyed beyond recognition because of the Red Mountain Eruption. He has taken the time to research the Nord burial mounds/ barrows as well, even though they are much less interesting (but simpler and easier to record) than his favored Dwemer ruins are, for the sake of the land's history. Since his own people's history was obliterated thanks to the Red Mountain Eruption, he feels the Nordic attachment to their ancestors much more keenly.
avatar
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:24 pm

No one?!
avatar
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  The Rebel on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:No one?!
As I said, I'll join in. Thinking of a character.

_________________
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs.
avatar
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 379
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  Sovngarde on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:Because I like this sheet better, so...

NAME: Faldrus "Faldy the Skaldy" Demnevanni, Master of Antiquities at the College of Winterhold.
RACE: Male Dunmer
AGE: 265 y.o.
GROUP: College of Winterhold SEGMENT IN GUILD/GROUP: Master of Antiquities

WEAPON PREFERENCES: Elven Dagger (Soul trapping), Elven Sword (fire & 1-hand skill enchantments), various staves (most of which are school property).
MAGIC PREFERENCE: A wide selection of adept level spells from all schools, with master levels in Alteration, Enchanting, and Restoration.
OTHER GEAR: Standard College rings, robes, and hat (with enhanced magicka enhancements), winter clothing as required (enchanted to withstand the cold), minor and lesser potions of various makes, petty and minor soul gems (for recharging), grand soul gems (for enchanting).

REGION OF BIRTH: Telvanni Canton, Vivec, Vvardenfell Island, Imperial Provence of Morrowind, 65 years before the events of Red Mountain.

OCCUPATION: Professor of History & Adjunct Instructor of Transmutation and Enchanting, College of Winterhold.

PERSONALITY: A no nonsense lecturer and historian, Faldrus ('Faldy the Skaldy' to his favored students) runs his classes with a stern, but fair, hand. Outside of class, he is approachable and kindly to those who show some sort of respect and has no tolerance for bigots. Otherwise, he is known as a kindly old -ish mer with a live and let live mentality. If anyone strikes up a conversation on history or the Dwemer, however, his inner fanboy comes out and he goes on and and on and on about them to the point where they probably don't care anymore, hence the moniker 'skaldy' as in 'Skald'.
HAIR, SKIN, BODY, & EYES: Like most traditional Dunmer, Faldrus has dark hair and fierce red eyes. He keeps all the hair tied back into a pony tail for functionality, rarely fixing it up or anything. He has a small, but sturdy frame, from his time spent raiding underground caves and running from traps, pitfalls, and Dwemer constructs.

CLOTHING: As normal for a College Professor, he wears the usual College of Winterhold attire for an instructor and uses cold weather gear frequently. He also has a mixed and matched suit of Dwemer Full Plate with shield, sword and battle axe, though he seldom wears it because of the weight involved. It stands more as a curiosity pieces than a practical suit of armor. Should the need arise, however, it can be worn with a few adjustments.

LIKES: Dunmer History, all things Magic, all things Dwemer, all things history, Skyrim, Enchantments, meditating on a topic (also called reading a book), Solstheim, the Companions (because of their history), clever traps.
DISLIKES: All things Mage's Guild, racists & bigots, cocky Freshmen (and Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors too), all things Falmer, Draugr, simple traps.

AMBITIONS: To master all things Dwemer and to fully exploit them and utilize the various Dwemer techniques to improve the lot of the Dunmer common person.

HISTORY OF CHARACTER: Faldrus was born in Vivec 65 years before the Red Mountain disaster to House Telvanni. Showing magicka aptitude at an early age, he was trained in the various schools of magic by the Telvanni masters. he came under the tutelage of Baladas Demnevanni around age of 45, and spent the next 10 years learning all about the Dwemer. His interest was in exploiting the old Dwemer techniques, rather than just the academic knowledge of the Dwemer. When the Red Mountain disaster struck, Faldrus and Baladas were far to the north in Baladas tower basement researching some Dwemer contraption. The distance from the eruption saved them but they were forced to move to Solstheim to avoid the pyroclastic flows that soon followed. Faldrus and Baladas divined that Faldrus's family where killed in the incident when the Ministry of Truth destroyed Vivec and feeling sorry for his pupil, he adopted him even though Faldrus was of majority age by that time as kind gesture (a rarity in House Telvanni).

200 years have passed since that time, and Faldrus has since relocated his research to Skyrim, studying the Dwemer ruins there. Morrowind's Dwemer ruins have since become impassible due to them being damaged or destroyed beyond recognition because of the Red Mountain Eruption. He has taken the time to research the Nord burial mounds/ barrows as well, even though they are much less interesting (but simpler and easier to record) than his favored Dwemer ruins are, for the sake of the land's history. Since his own people's history was obliterated thanks to the Red Mountain Eruption, he feels the Nordic attachment to their ancestors much more keenly.

Accepted!

And guys feel free yo use whatever sign up sheet you want. And I can give Vulgruff a "Knock out" injury.
avatar
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 21
Location : San Francisco

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Sovngarde wrote:
Spoiler:
james.steelhaven wrote:Because I like this sheet better, so...

NAME: Faldrus "Faldy the Skaldy" Demnevanni, Master of Antiquities at the College of Winterhold.
RACE: Male Dunmer
AGE: 265 y.o.
GROUP: College of Winterhold SEGMENT IN GUILD/GROUP: Master of Antiquities

WEAPON PREFERENCES: Elven Dagger (Soul trapping), Elven Sword (fire & 1-hand skill enchantments), various staves (most of which are school property).
MAGIC PREFERENCE: A wide selection of adept level spells from all schools, with master levels in Alteration, Enchanting, and Restoration.
OTHER GEAR: Standard College rings, robes, and hat (with enhanced magicka enhancements), winter clothing as required (enchanted to withstand the cold), minor and lesser potions of various makes, petty and minor soul gems (for recharging), grand soul gems (for enchanting).

REGION OF BIRTH: Telvanni Canton, Vivec, Vvardenfell Island, Imperial Provence of Morrowind, 65 years before the events of Red Mountain.

OCCUPATION: Professor of History & Adjunct Instructor of Transmutation and Enchanting, College of Winterhold.

PERSONALITY: A no nonsense lecturer and historian, Faldrus ('Faldy the Skaldy' to his favored students) runs his classes with a stern, but fair, hand. Outside of class, he is approachable and kindly to those who show some sort of respect and has no tolerance for bigots. Otherwise, he is known as a kindly old -ish mer with a live and let live mentality. If anyone strikes up a conversation on history or the Dwemer, however, his inner fanboy comes out and he goes on and and on and on about them to the point where they probably don't care anymore, hence the moniker 'skaldy' as in 'Skald'.
HAIR, SKIN, BODY, & EYES: Like most traditional Dunmer, Faldrus has dark hair and fierce red eyes. He keeps all the hair tied back into a pony tail for functionality, rarely fixing it up or anything. He has a small, but sturdy frame, from his time spent raiding underground caves and running from traps, pitfalls, and Dwemer constructs.

CLOTHING: As normal for a College Professor, he wears the usual College of Winterhold attire for an instructor and uses cold weather gear frequently. He also has a mixed and matched suit of Dwemer Full Plate with shield, sword and battle axe, though he seldom wears it because of the weight involved. It stands more as a curiosity pieces than a practical suit of armor. Should the need arise, however, it can be worn with a few adjustments.

LIKES: Dunmer History, all things Magic, all things Dwemer, all things history, Skyrim, Enchantments, meditating on a topic (also called reading a book), Solstheim, the Companions (because of their history), clever traps.
DISLIKES: All things Mage's Guild, racists & bigots, cocky Freshmen (and Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors too), all things Falmer, Draugr, simple traps.

AMBITIONS: To master all things Dwemer and to fully exploit them and utilize the various Dwemer techniques to improve the lot of the Dunmer common person.

HISTORY OF CHARACTER: Faldrus was born in Vivec 65 years before the Red Mountain disaster to House Telvanni. Showing magicka aptitude at an early age, he was trained in the various schools of magic by the Telvanni masters. he came under the tutelage of Baladas Demnevanni around age of 45, and spent the next 10 years learning all about the Dwemer. His interest was in exploiting the old Dwemer techniques, rather than just the academic knowledge of the Dwemer. When the Red Mountain disaster struck, Faldrus and Baladas were far to the north in Baladas tower basement researching some Dwemer contraption. The distance from the eruption saved them but they were forced to move to Solstheim to avoid the pyroclastic flows that soon followed. Faldrus and Baladas divined that Faldrus's family where killed in the incident when the Ministry of Truth destroyed Vivec and feeling sorry for his pupil, he adopted him even though Faldrus was of majority age by that time as kind gesture (a rarity in House Telvanni).

200 years have passed since that time, and Faldrus has since relocated his research to Skyrim, studying the Dwemer ruins there. Morrowind's Dwemer ruins have since become impassible due to them being damaged or destroyed beyond recognition because of the Red Mountain Eruption. He has taken the time to research the Nord burial mounds/ barrows as well, even though they are much less interesting (but simpler and easier to record) than his favored Dwemer ruins are, for the sake of the land's history. Since his own people's history was obliterated thanks to the Red Mountain Eruption, he feels the Nordic attachment to their ancestors much more keenly.
Accepted!

And guys feel free yo use whatever sign up sheet you want. And I can give Vulgruff a "Knock out" injury.

And now to bone up on my Dwemer.
avatar
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  DanielStormblade on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Name: Aragorn
Race: Nord
Weapons: Nordic Greatsword
Armor: Craved Nordic Armor
Reason for joining to find the man: To assist a fellow stormcloak, and obey High King Ulfric's command to kill the abomination, rescue captured comrades, and bring back the fallen.

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)
avatar
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Posts : 94
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Windhelm

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:02 pm

DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.
avatar
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  DanielStormblade on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz
avatar
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Posts : 94
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Windhelm

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  Sovngarde on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:21 pm

DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz

you are accepted Very Happy
avatar
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 21
Location : San Francisco

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  DanielStormblade on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Sovngarde wrote:you are accepted Very Happy
Glad to see someone likes my imagination Razz
avatar
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Posts : 94
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Windhelm

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:45 pm

DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz

Both. Seriously, names are not hard. Especially in the era of fan boys (and girls) and wiki's.
avatar
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  Sovngarde on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:23 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz

Both. Seriously, names are not hard. Especially in the era of fan boys (and girls) and wiki's.

...whats this thing you call.....a girl?
avatar
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 21
Location : San Francisco

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  DanielStormblade on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:23 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz

Both. Seriously, names are not hard. Especially in the era of fan boys (and girls) and wiki's.

heh. If they are in Wiki's... then they have been used before... What makes names so hard for me is that I rack my brain to come up with new names. eventually i give up and just go with names that I like and I can remember easily
avatar
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Posts : 94
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Windhelm

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  james.steelhaven on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Spoiler:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz

Both. Seriously, names are not hard. Especially in the era of fan boys (and girls) and wiki's.

heh. If they are in Wiki's... then they have been used before... What makes names so hard for me is that I rack my brain to come up with new names. eventually i give up and just go with names that I like and I can remember easily

The trick with names is to think in terms of commonality. After all, I have 6 'Johns' in my contacts list for a reason.
But think of an interesting feature or habit of your character. For example, I game Jurgen a missing eye. Hence, the 'Stone-eyed' nick name. Then I browsed Nordic names for a while till one jumped out at me.
avatar
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  The Rebel on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 am

james.steelhaven wrote:
Spoiler:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz

Both. Seriously, names are not hard. Especially in the era of fan boys (and girls) and wiki's.

heh. If they are in Wiki's... then they have been used before... What makes names so hard for me is that I rack my brain to come up with new names. eventually i give up and just go with names that I like and I can remember easily

The trick with names is to think in terms of commonality. After all, I have 6 'Johns' in my contacts list for a reason.
But think of an interesting feature or habit of your character. For example, I game Jurgen a missing eye. Hence, the 'Stone-eyed' nick name. Then I browsed Nordic names for a while till one jumped out at me.

Also, look at the names. They normally have a common 'theme' of letters and syllables. You can make a convincing ORIGINAL name.

_________________
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs.
avatar
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 379
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  DanielStormblade on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 am

The Rebel wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Spoiler:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz

Both. Seriously, names are not hard. Especially in the era of fan boys (and girls) and wiki's.

heh. If they are in Wiki's... then they have been used before... What makes names so hard for me is that I rack my brain to come up with new names. eventually i give up and just go with names that I like and I can remember easily

The trick with names is to think in terms of commonality. After all, I have 6 'Johns' in my contacts list for a reason.
But think of an interesting feature or habit of your character. For example, I game Jurgen a missing eye. Hence, the 'Stone-eyed' nick name. Then I browsed Nordic names for a while till one jumped out at me.

Also, look at the names. They normally have a common 'theme' of letters and syllables. You can make a convincing ORIGINAL name.
well As I said... I'm not never good with names... I'll admit I lag an imagination when it comes to naming characters... hell if I were to have a kid ever I'd have problems naming him/her
avatar
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Posts : 94
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Windhelm

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  The Rebel on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:53 am

DanielStormblade wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Spoiler:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

(ok I'm going ask everyone to forgive my name making skills... and yes I know I'm using a Lord of the Rings character name... I'm not very good at names.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord_Names

Enjoy.

I take it you didn't like my name... or was it too Iconic? Razz

Both. Seriously, names are not hard. Especially in the era of fan boys (and girls) and wiki's.

heh. If they are in Wiki's... then they have been used before... What makes names so hard for me is that I rack my brain to come up with new names. eventually i give up and just go with names that I like and I can remember easily

The trick with names is to think in terms of commonality. After all, I have 6 'Johns' in my contacts list for a reason.
But think of an interesting feature or habit of your character. For example, I game Jurgen a missing eye. Hence, the 'Stone-eyed' nick name. Then I browsed Nordic names for a while till one jumped out at me.

Also, look at the names. They normally have a common 'theme' of letters and syllables. You can make a convincing ORIGINAL name.
well As I said... I'm not never good with names... I'll admit I lag an imagination when it comes to naming characters... hell if I were to have a kid ever I'd have problems naming him/her
http://www.babynames.co.uk/

_________________
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs.
avatar
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 379
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: MIA as requested

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum