Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

Post  Arnier the fallen on Sat May 25, 2013 3:44 pm

so in a relation to the topic i just posted i wanted to get some opinions here do you think Ysgramor was one man who lived an aceptionally long life or was he the amalgamation of many people who's names had been lost and so their deeds were asociated with the legend of Ysgramor, also how close was Herma mora to turning the Atmorans into Aldmer, Ysgramor did adopt Aldmeri writing and dating principles into the nordic language and turn his back on some gods defied other and banished one from the pantheon altogether.

Please feel free to share your feelings on this matter i can provide sources for things stated above and the other post if needed
avatar
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Wales uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

Post  The Rebel on Sat May 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Perhaps...
It would be worthy to note that the Atmoran religion, the Totem Religion and animal worship- it draws parallels to the Cyrodiilic Pantheon.

Dragon
http://images.uesp.net/a/a6/SR-concept-6877502469.jpg

Snake
http://images.uesp.net/5/57/SR-concept-6877563849.jpg

Hawk
http://images.uesp.net/7/74/SR-concept-6877525709.jpg

Wolf
http://images.uesp.net/f/fd/SR-concept-6877590793.jpg

Whale
Http://images.uesp.net/d/d9/SR-concept-6877583609.jpg

Bear
http://images.uesp.net/8/82/SR-concept-6877470775.jpg

Owl
http://images.uesp.net/3/3f/SR-concept-6877544549.jpg

Moth
http://images.uesp.net/a/a2/SR-concept-6877538419.jpg

3 females and 6 males. The same is in the 9 divines and Aldmeri Pantheon. My point being, the two religions were already similar and likely worshipped the same Gods.
Fox
http://images.uesp.net/0/0c/SR-concept-6877521677.jpg

_________________
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs.
avatar
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 379
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

Post  Arnier the fallen on Sat May 25, 2013 4:26 pm

The Rebel wrote:Perhaps...
It would be worthy to note that the Atmoran religion, the Totem Religion and animal worship- it draws parallels to the Cyrodiilic Pantheon.

Dragon
http://images.uesp.net/a/a6/SR-concept-6877502469.jpg

Snake
http://images.uesp.net/5/57/SR-concept-6877563849.jpg

Hawk
http://images.uesp.net/7/74/SR-concept-6877525709.jpg

Wolf
http://images.uesp.net/f/fd/SR-concept-6877590793.jpg

Whale
Http://images.uesp.net/d/d9/SR-concept-6877583609.jpg

Bear
http://images.uesp.net/8/82/SR-concept-6877470775.jpg

Owl
http://images.uesp.net/3/3f/SR-concept-6877544549.jpg

Moth
http://images.uesp.net/a/a2/SR-concept-6877538419.jpg

3 females and 6 males. The same is in the 9 divines and Aldmeri Pantheon. My point being, the two religions were already similar and likely worshipped the same Gods.
Fox
http://images.uesp.net/0/0c/SR-concept-6877521677.jpg


im not saying that the religions weren't similar before hand almost all religions in TES are, what im saying is this is it not strange that religions where mer are involved are similar
avatar
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Wales uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

Post  The Rebel on Sat May 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Perhaps...
It would be worthy to note that the Atmoran religion, the Totem Religion and animal worship- it draws parallels to the Cyrodiilic Pantheon.

Dragon
http://images.uesp.net/a/a6/SR-concept-6877502469.jpg

Snake
http://images.uesp.net/5/57/SR-concept-6877563849.jpg

Hawk
http://images.uesp.net/7/74/SR-concept-6877525709.jpg

Wolf
http://images.uesp.net/f/fd/SR-concept-6877590793.jpg

Whale
Http://images.uesp.net/d/d9/SR-concept-6877583609.jpg

Bear
http://images.uesp.net/8/82/SR-concept-6877470775.jpg

Owl
http://images.uesp.net/3/3f/SR-concept-6877544549.jpg

Moth
http://images.uesp.net/a/a2/SR-concept-6877538419.jpg

3 females and 6 males. The same is in the 9 divines and Aldmeri Pantheon. My point being, the two religions were already similar and likely worshipped the same Gods.
Fox
http://images.uesp.net/0/0c/SR-concept-6877521677.jpg


im not saying that the religions weren't similar before hand almost all religions in TES are, what im saying is this is it not strange that religions where mer are involved are similar
But the Divinity we know are the only divines (you kmow what I mean). The mer's involvement doesn't mean much. Similar pantheon. Similar ideology, though some hate to admit it.

What does seem odd is the Aldmeri culture that soon became Atmoran.

_________________
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs.
avatar
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 379
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

Post  Arnier the fallen on Sat May 25, 2013 4:36 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Perhaps...
It would be worthy to note that the Atmoran religion, the Totem Religion and animal worship- it draws parallels to the Cyrodiilic Pantheon.

Dragon
http://images.uesp.net/a/a6/SR-concept-6877502469.jpg

Snake
http://images.uesp.net/5/57/SR-concept-6877563849.jpg

Hawk
http://images.uesp.net/7/74/SR-concept-6877525709.jpg

Wolf
http://images.uesp.net/f/fd/SR-concept-6877590793.jpg

Whale
Http://images.uesp.net/d/d9/SR-concept-6877583609.jpg

Bear
http://images.uesp.net/8/82/SR-concept-6877470775.jpg

Owl
http://images.uesp.net/3/3f/SR-concept-6877544549.jpg

Moth
http://images.uesp.net/a/a2/SR-concept-6877538419.jpg

3 females and 6 males. The same is in the 9 divines and Aldmeri Pantheon. My point being, the two religions were already similar and likely worshipped the same Gods.
Fox
http://images.uesp.net/0/0c/SR-concept-6877521677.jpg


im not saying that the religions weren't similar before hand almost all religions in TES are, what im saying is this is it not strange that religions where mer are involved are similar
But the Divinity we know are the only divines (you kmow what I mean). The mer's involvement doesn't mean much. Similar pantheon. Similar ideology, though some hate to admit it.

What does seem odd is the Aldmeri culture that soon became Atmoran.

i assume you are refering to Ysgramor's adoption of Aldmeri concepts such as lettering and numbers, or something alse?
avatar
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Wales uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

Post  The Rebel on Sat May 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Yes. And general ideas as well that have taken form in Cyrodiil more prominently. The way of worshippng. Things like that.

_________________
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs.
avatar
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 379
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

Post  Arnier the fallen on Sat May 25, 2013 5:02 pm

The Rebel wrote:Yes. And general ideas as well that have taken form in Cyrodiil more prominently. The way of worshippng. Things like that.

it should also be noted at some point a group of Atmorans splintered off and became the Skaal presumably some time during Ysgramor's reign noted by them seeing Falmer in the woods there, also when they split they took with them a pronounced hatred and fear of Herma mora that what became the modern nords do not, reather odd, why splinter off why change gods what happened
avatar
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-03-25
Age : 28
Location : Wales uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ysgramor one man or many, and how close was herma mora to turning the Atmorans

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum