Stormcloak Soldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I pose an honest question to you?

4 posters

Go down

Can I pose an honest question to you? Empty Can I pose an honest question to you?

Post  The Rebel Fri May 17, 2013 11:00 am

Why would the average Nord join the Stormcloaks? Talos Worshipping was not punished until Ulfric started crying about it and then brought the Thalmor in. Indirectly but still.

And lets not forget, Nords aren't all born in Skyrim. Many Nords live in Cyrodiil or High Rock, imperial provinces. A Nord wjo crossed the border to Skyrim ( in your case) probably isn't a Son of Skyrim, as you put it.

This is an honest question and I expect honest replies. Please don't get buttmad at me like you have before and attempt tobe mature.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Can I pose an honest question to you? Empty Re: Can I pose an honest question to you?

Post  james.steelhaven Fri May 17, 2013 7:25 pm

The Rebel wrote:Why would the average Nord join the Stormcloaks? Talos Worshipping was not punished until Ulfric started crying about it and then brought the Thalmor in. Indirectly but still.

And lets not forget, Nords aren't all born in Skyrim. Many Nords live in Cyrodiil or High Rock, imperial provinces. A Nord who crossed the border to Skyrim ( in your case) probably isn't a Son of Skyrim, as you put it.

This is an honest question and I expect honest replies.

For me (as a Nord) it was personal. They tried to kill me with no charge or trial. The libertarian in me got all riled up.

As an orc, it was a "Malacath personal trial" thing, by fighting for the supposed underdog.

My Imperial War Profiteer based on Tony Stark and my Dark Elf assassin werewolf went Imperial. Didn't care for their side personally.
Only Rikke had any flesh in the game (being all fighting for her homeland). For Tullius is was just another job to him. After the war, he is going home. *yawn*

Please don't get buttmad at me like you have before and attempt to be mature.

You mean we can't have a pointless flame war? Evil or Very Mad Where is the fun in that? Razz
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Can I pose an honest question to you? Empty Re: Can I pose an honest question to you?

Post  The Rebel Sat May 18, 2013 4:51 am

I see your point but you probably thought: Lets make a Dunmer Stormcloak!
And then shaped the back-story around that instead of doing what I do: Lets make a Breton Nightblade, he's self-serving and cares little for anyone but himself so the Civil War would best be ignored.

You know what I mean? For me your character probably wouldn't be a Stormcloak but you want it to be so you build the backstory around the Stormcloaks. My point being, non-Nord Stormcloaks feel extremely forced to me.

Average Non-Nords wouldn't join the Stormclowns, IMO. Even then, not all Nords would join the Stormclowns since, other than Talos (which can be worshipped in secret), have no reason to. The Empire isn't tyrannical, they're actually good for the average person of most, if not all, races.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimnir Mon May 20, 2013 4:18 am

The Rebel wrote:The Empire isn't tyrannical, they're actually good for the average person of most, if not all, races.

I'm pretty sure just about every Dunmer, Orsimer, Argonian, and Redguard would disagree with you. Not to mention the Altmer. But that's another issue.
Grimnir
Grimnir
Admin
Admin

https://stormcloaksoldier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Mon May 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Grimnir wrote:
The Rebel wrote:The Empire isn't tyrannical, they're actually good for the average person of most, if not all, races.

I'm pretty sure just about every Dunmer, Orsimer, Argonian, and Redguard would disagree with you. Not to mention the Altmer. But that's another issue.

The Dunmer only kicked them out because they were in power at the time of Red Mountain erupting and the Empire was in a terrible state at the time (Septims downfall).

Orsimer would agree with me actually as they tend to support the Empire. The Orcs only dislike the Bretons and Redguards (with good reasons).

Argonians were introduced to the Empire by treaty and left because of the power they had gotten and because they wanted to attack Morrowind, something the Empire would dislike. There were other reasons but they wouldn't call the Empire tyrannical.

The Redguards never said the Empire was tyrannical.

ty·ran·ni·cal
/təˈranikəl/
Adjective
Exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way.
Characteristic of tyranny; oppressive and controlling.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Mon May 20, 2013 4:19 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Grimnir wrote:

The Dunmer only kicked them out because they were in power at the time of Red Mountain erupting and the Empire was in a terrible state at the time (Septims downfall).

Orsimer would agree with me actually as they tend to support the Empire. The Orcs only dislike the Bretons and Redguards (with good reasons).

Argonians were introduced to the Empire by treaty and left because of the power they had gotten and because they wanted to attack Morrowind, something the Empire would dislike. There were other reasons but they wouldn't call the Empire tyrannical.

The Redguards never said the Empire was tyrannical.

ty·ran·ni·cal
/təˈranikəl/
Adjective
Exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way.
Characteristic of tyranny; oppressive and controlling.

i would agree but the Dunmer have disliked the Empire moreso since they pulled all of their troops out of morrowind during the oblivion crisis leaving them defenceless (if not for the redoran) but still they wouldn't see them as evil or tyrannical just dick heads for not supporting them when they needed it most
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down