Stormcloak Soldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1

+5
Vulgruff
Ulfric Stormcloak
Sovngarde
The Rebel
Arnier the fallen
9 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1

Post  The Rebel Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:06 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:NAME: Jurgen 'Stone-eyed' Brunwulfson, of Clan Free-Winter (pronounced: "yer-GEN")
RACE: Male Nord AGE: 43
REGION OF BIRTH: Windhelm (Son of Brunwolf Free-Winter)

GROUP: Imperial Legions (MIA- Captured by the Thalmor before Battle of Red Ring, held for 15 years.)
SEGMENT IN GROUP: Centurion (Officer corps before MIA)
OCCUPATION: Imperial Centurion (MIA at the Battle of Red Ring, taken POW by Thalmor troops ), currently, mercenary going by the Imperial name "Jarrod".

WEAPON/MAGIC OF PREFERENCE: Greatsword or Sword -n- Board as the situation calls for it and Restoration magics
(Jurgen will use an appropriate weapon when the situation calls for it, however. Jurgen doesn't begrudge magic users any, unless Thalmor. Those die first.)

PERSONALITY: Jovial when the mood strikes him, He enjoys his freedom and lives life to its fullest. However, when on the battlefield, he is a gruff, no-nonsense military officer, a complete professional soldier, like the old days.
BODY: Built like the Throat of the World, a very strong and well developed, muscular warrior, honed by years of warfare.
SKIN: Fair skinned like most Nords, but scarred from many battles and Thalmor "interrogation" sessions.
HAIR: Black, long and stringy. Unlike most Imperial soldiers, Jurgen let his hair grow out until he can return to Skyrim.
EYES: Darkened, fierce brown eyes. Blinded in the right eye by Thalmor torturers, with a scar running forehead to jaw line over that eye. Worn with pride.
'Stone-eyed' moniker given by Ulfric during POW times. Jurgen has recently taken to dress it up with black and/or red war paint.

CLOTHING: Currently, just a set of traveling clothing and leather armors, built for a Skyrim winter. Weapons include iron sword and shield.
LIKES: Like most Nords,he enjoys strong drink, hot food, good weapons, warm beds, and warmer 'company' in those beds. He enjoys his freedom and lives life to its fullest.
DISLIKES: The Aldmeri Dominion (especially the Thalmor) as a whole (not high elves, however. Jurgen met many a high elf dissident while a POW and admired their defiance to their bitter ends), the White-Gold Treaty, Daedric worshipers (and by extension, the Daedra themselves). They are all crazy.

AMBITIONS: Reclaim Skyrim from the Thalmor (not so much the Empire, however. He IS Imperial Legion, after all) and any Daedric influences.
REASONS FOR AMBITIONS: Since his time fighting the Aldmeri forces then his rough treatment at the hands of the Thalmor, he wants to see them gone. If Hammerfell can force them out, then so can Skyrim. What Jurgen is not sure of, however, is if Skyrim can do it with out the Legions. That remains to be seen.

History:
Jurgen was born into the Free-Winter clan in Windhelm, in 4E, 162. It was frigid winter, even for Skyrim that year. He quickly became a skilled but young warrior, and when the Empire called the Nords to war, he followed his father Brunwulf into battle despite his youth. War, as it often does, makes a man out you fast. At the age of 13, and already taller then most Imperial soldiers, Jurgen's unit was attacked in the predawn hours of the Battle of the Red Ring and he fell, but was taken prisoner. At least he was in good company, along the side of future Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak, during his stay. He assisted in Ulfric's escape but was recaptured allowing Ulfric to get away (or so he was led to believe). He spent a good 15 years as a Thalmor captive, before finally escaping himself into the Cyrodillic lowlands.

He spent the next 5 years traveling under the guise of "Jarrod" as a sell sword until he was able to make his way back to Skyrim. He noticed there was a great sadness in the land, and he lived in Falkreath for years until the Dragon Crisis roused him from his life as a simple guard and the discovery that his father was still alive. However, the civil war and the dragons rampaging across the countryside curbed any chance of traveling to Windhelm, the land of his birth, so very, very, long ago.....
He's son of a Great War Veteran. His father is probanly around 50 in-game so that probably won't work.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1

Post  james.steelhaven Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:50 pm

I figured Free winter for around 70. That man has Picard style hair. You certain he would only be around 50?
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Another thought popped in my head, what about brother?
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:45 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:Another thought popped in my head, what about brother?
Makes sense.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:53 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Makes sense.

Edited.
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Internet is horribad cannot do anything. Can someone take over Seta for awhile? I will be gone till about thursday night :'( sorry for inconveince caused.

Aka the rebel could you juggle 2 characters at once for awhile? sorry Sad

Seta is very calm and passive so just play her as such.
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:18 am

Sovngarde wrote:Internet is horribad cannot do anything. Can someone take over Seta for awhile? I will be gone till about thursday night :'( sorry for inconveince caused.

Aka the rebel could you juggle 2 characters at once for awhile? sorry Sad

Seta is very calm and passive so just play her as such.

Sure, I'll just make her follow Eradrann and TRY not to make her do anything you wouldn't want her to.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:14 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Makes sense.

Edited.
Your character is approved.

Do you wish to join the Main Story Arc or start another arc?
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Is the main story arc reestablishing the blades?
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

https://www.facebook.com/HumbleUlfric

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Vulgruff wrote:Is the main story arc reestablishing the blades?

haha not quite theres a few almighty twists in there that me and the rebel are not mentionig just yet Cool
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:

haha not quite theres a few almighty twists in there that me and the rebel are not mentionig just yet Cool

Its basically the DM playing the game Razz Cool though can't wait to see what you've got. The Blades are one of my favorite orders in The Elder Scrolls so don't screw 'em over too bad please. Also was the Dragonborn neutral during the Civil War? That seems like it would be the most fair choice.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

https://www.facebook.com/HumbleUlfric

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:

Its basically the DM playing the game Razz Cool though can't wait to see what you've got. The Blades are one of my favorite orders in The Elder Scrolls so don't screw 'em over too bad please. Also was the Dragonborn neutral during the Civil War? That seems like it would be the most fair choice.

yeah he was neutral, and dont worry too much its bad but not awefull lol
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1 - Page 2 Empty Hows this work?

Post  james.steelhaven Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:18 pm

I have done play by post before, but always had rules sets to go by (D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, etc...).
I was curious how this works out before I insert tender foot into mouth.

Do I post my actions and you approve or respond to them?
Who is the game runner or DM/GM/ST?
Anything else I should know?

Last edited by james.steelhaven on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I FOUND INTERNET! YA
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:25 pm

congratz?
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:59 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:congratz?

lol sorry, happy to be not driving for 13 hours Razz
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:34 am

james.steelhaven wrote:I have done play by post before, but always had rules sets to go by (D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, etc...).
I was curious how this works out before I insert tender foot into mouth.

Do I post my actions and you approve or respond to them?
Who is the game runner or DM/GM/ST?
Anything else I should know?

lol umm I'll start at your last question me and the rebel are co GM basicly post in character no real need for approval on what you post unless you want to fight with someone then you pm between them and one of the GM's to see how it would go

anything else, have fun really lol, we did post a few rules around somewhere either here or in the first page of the RP
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:07 am

Sovngarde wrote:

So I don't have to do Seta anymore? (inb4 sexual joke)
In thay case I'm happy for you too.

*is tired*
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:37 am

The Rebel wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:

So I don't have to do Seta anymore? (inb4 sexual joke)
In thay case I'm happy for you too.

*is tired*

Ya you do not haha

But you can if you want to "Nudge" "Nudge" lol!
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:38 am

but like Thursday I will be driving home again and this time it will be 15 hour drive! Mad
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 am

Sovngarde wrote:but like Thursday I will be driving home again and this time it will be 15 hour drive! Mad

I'll just write a few lines the saying:

Seta follows Eradrann.
"No Vulgruff, I do NOT want to polish your spear"
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:55 am

The Rebel wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:but like Thursday I will be driving home again and this time it will be 15 hour drive! Mad

Seta follows Eradrann.
annnnnnnndddd my soda is now on my computer screen thanks. Soda hurts coming out your nose fyi
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 am

Sovngarde wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Seta follows Eradrann.
annnnnnnndddd my soda is now on my computer screen thanks. Soda hurts coming out your nose fyi

You're welcome.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:11 am

The Rebel wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Seta follows Eradrann.

You're welcome.

bad rebel baddd Twisted Evil
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:15 am

Sovngarde wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Seta follows Eradrann.

You're welcome.

bad rebel baddd Twisted Evil
=)

I'm going to post a recap soon for any newcomers.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next